California is preparing for an increase in the number of people who urgently need health care in our communities during the COVID-19 outbreak. To meet this moment, we’re opening additional health care sites to treat people affected by COVID-19 and to relieve the pressure on our health care system by providing care for non-COVID-19 cases.
To ensure adequate staff for health care sites throughout California, we’re calling on healthcare providers, behavioral health professionals, and health care administrators to register today.
- Physicians (MD, DO), including medical residents
- Nurse practitioners
- Physician assistants
- Nurses (RN, LVN, CNA), including nursing students
- Behavioral health professionals (psychiatrist, psychiatric technicians psychologist, psychiatric nurse practitioner, LCSW, LMFT, LPCC)
- Respiratory therapists
- Medical assistants
- Emergency medical technicians
You will be paid and will be given malpractice insurance coverage. Locations will vary, but we will try to match your geographical preferences.
You have the opportunity to play a critical role in responding to this public health emergency in your region. To care for Californians who need your help, please sign up.
Step 1 – Are you eligible?
To be eligible for COVID-19 emergency medical staffing roles, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Be eligible to work in the United States
- Have a valid driver’s license or passport, and a social security card
- Have a valid California License for clinical practice (if you are a MD, DO, etc.)
- OR are a medical resident or nursing student
- Have no negative licensure/certification actions (for licensed/certified professionals)
Step 2 – Register in the California Health Corps system
Both licensed professionals and students will have to register. This is the system we’ll use to verify your medical license (if you have one) and identify your deployment preferences.
Step 3 – Once verified, we will ask you to submit an application
This process may require you to fill out additional paperwork to complete the hiring process.
Step 4 – Once you’ve applied
We will review your skills, experience, location preferences and interests to see where you match our placement needs.
Step 5 – Finalize hiring and placement process
You will be hired at time of placement. Bring a formal valid driver’s license and a social security card to provide at time of hire.